Monday, July 14, 2014

God's Favorite - His Diary for My Life

Charles Francis Adams, 19th century political figure and diplomat, kept a diary. One day he entered: "Went fishing with my son today--a day wasted." His son, Brook Adams, also kept a diary, which is still in existence. On that same day, Brook Adams made this entry: "Went fishing with my father--the most wonderful day of my life!" The father thought he was wasting his time while fishing with his son, but his son saw it as an investment of time. The only way to tell the difference between wasting and investing is to know one's ultimate purpose in life and to judge accordingly. 
What does it mean to be God's Favorite?   It means that the God of the Universe, who set the stars in the sky, who sees all and knows all, loves us individually in a very speial way.  The Pslamist realized this when he penned these words.  Psalm 139:14 - "I praise you because I am fearfully and
wonderfully made;  your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  
Some believers have a hard time praising God because they feel like they are just another "sinner saved by grace" and even that statement makes them just another fish in the sea of many fish.  NOT SO!!  Each of us are precious to God.  Each soul has been carefully crafted for His purpose and has special value.  Sometimes we want to show a false humility about how we are nothing and like the lowest worm.  In reality, we are special to God.  So special that He gave His son Jesus to die for the penalty of our sins.  God has done everything needed to take the barriers away from us living a significant life for His glory.  When He is in our life we start to see a new purpose ignited that takes who we are to a whole new level of living.  God makes those changes at our core.  I suppose that's why the Psalmist says in His Word, "Psalm 139:13 "For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb."  As humans we like the ability to categorize other human beings.  It makes us feel powerful and totally takes the humility thing out of our lives.  In reality, all are precious to God and especially those who are of the household of faith (disciples).  Paul wrote specifically about how kind we are to be to others, and especially those who are believers.  Galatians 6:10 - Therefore, asa we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.  When we look at others with God's perspective it helps us see them in a better light.  I look at you, I see God in you, I honor the Lord in you by loving you.  We make strong comments like, "what the world needs now is more love", but are totally unwilling to allow God to make that lifestyle change in us. Why? Selfishness.  For Christians we like to do the "humble selfishness" thing.  You  know where I can get my way, but not look like I am trying to get my way, so that makes it all right....  Not gonna work.  In the purity of the faith we see that God doesn't like playing games with the truth.  He allows no extra water to be added to that truth.  So, even if I don't  like you or respect you, I must love you?  You must be kidding?  Nope! You have been crafted together with the hands of God almighty and He has a great purpose for your life.  I am not big enough to get in the way of God's purpose, so I honor His Creation, even if I don't understand that creation.
It is a point of spiritual maturity when we learn to take what God has made and allow it to bloom without trying to stop it.  Why?  Because when we try to interject our opinion in on God's Plan, we are now against God's Favorite.  Don't do it to others, and I pray it isn't done to me.  It's never a waste of time to make the effort to take time and put  yourself in the shoes of someone else and be there for them.  We are probably more like the heart of God when we make that effort.  But making that effort changes the way we look at God and all of God's Children.  Then we will be like the Psalmist and say that each of us are unique, and made with a special God purpose for our life.  But.....To start that process, Jesus must be in your life.  Please accept Him as Savior and Lord today and get to know the God who made you and He will show you your purpose in life.  He's God and He has great plans for His creation!!!  You are His favorite....God did not waste time in making you and I believe you will not feel like your time is wasted when spending it with Him, your Daddy.  Your name is in His diary and it is written in red....

The Pilgrimage continues....

David Warren

No comments: