Wednesday, March 18, 2020

No Other Hope

1 John 5:13-14 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.
The confidence we have as believers is all found in one person, Jesus Christ.  So, if you are a believer you have a source for the hope that does not fear, does not waver, does not fade, and does not fall away.  John wrote in the verses above to believers in the name of Jesus Christ.  When we accepted Christ we became a believer.  A believer in what?   First of all, that our sins are forgiven and the penalty for sin, which is death, has been defeated at every turn.  How did you come to Jesus?  Did you come on His terms or on your terms?  Here is an example of someone's sins being forgiven in Luke 7: 44 “That’s right,” Jesus said. 44 Then he turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Look at this woman kneeling here. When I entered your home, you didn’t offer me water to wash the dust from my feet, but she has washed them with her tears and wiped them with her hair.45 You didn’t greet me with a kiss, but from the time I first came in, she has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You neglected the courtesy of olive oil to anoint my head, but she has anointed my feet with rare perfume. 47 “I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only a little love.” 48 Then Jesus said to the woman, “Your sins are forgiven.” 49 The men at the table said among themselves, “Who is this man, that he goes around forgiving sins?” 50 And Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”  Second, we believe in the resurrection.  So, those who die will live again and spend eternity with Jesus in heaven. John 11:25 Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life.  Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. 26 Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?”  We must ask ourselves what he asked Martha.  Do you believe this, believer?  That belief will shore up the weakest faith and give us an undying hope in the life we live now on this earth.  Third, Jesus is the only way to heaven.  John 14:Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is.  From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”  This is the, put your faith where your mouth is, scripture for all "believers."  We must come to grips with the only option in a world that is only satisfied with many options in their lives.  Jesus Christ is the only hope we have and He is our "best" hope.  We are so "me" oriented that when someone says this is your only option, we freak!!!  Everything is watered down to please the desires of those who long for many options and those options are easier than someone just giving one option.  Well, the only option for true hope is found in one person Jesus Christ, and Him ALONE!!  End of story!!  Now Acts 4:12 makes so much more sense where it says, There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”  No one else but Jesus and Him alone!!  You can have this hope, but you must surrender to Him and give Him your heart and He will take care of the rest....hope included.
Romans 15:13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Come to Him today and ask Him to come into your heart and believe by faith and you will be saved.  Saved from eternity in hell to eternal HOPE now and forever.
The Pilgrimage continues....
David Warren

No comments: