Thursday, June 24, 2010

Queen for The Day! A Wordless Witness


As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I want to speak about a Father's attitude toward His daughter.  I am blessed to have the two most wonderful daughters a Father could have and thank God every day for their love for Christ.  I am blessed beyond measure, not because of their accomplishments to this point, which are many, but because of the Godly heart they exhibit in wanting to serve Christ.  In being a man of God we realize that our stand has to be in word and deed and there will be times when those two will be  challenged.  The challenge for a Godly woman is a very unique challenge and much different than the challenge for a man and this pivotal life of purpose must be handled with care and compassion.  When my daughters were born I looked deep into their little eyes and saw endless possibilities of what they could be for Christ.  I could almost see the impact they would have on their husband, should they marry, and the Godly way they would shape their lives to conform to the image of Christ.  Believe it or not, I really saw that in both of them.  No special effects, but just a glimpse of how they would impact their world.  You see it was different for them because they were woman, not man, and God had placed them in the home and our world with a very special way of ministering to others.  They were made to have a "wordless witness" and the lives they would affect would be by what people saw in them.  Not their outward beauty, which is fleeting, but their inward beauty, which is eternal and lasting. Proverbs 31: 30 says "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting' but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."  A woman who fears the Lord and follows all His Word will be a force in the home and the church that will impact all she comes in contact with.   God is seen in a Godly woman through the inward beauty she shows by her reactions, reflections, and remarks.  The Wordless Witness of a Godly woman is more powerful than we can ever express or understand.  Very few times will beauty in motion be expressed about a man's witness, but it fits for a woman.  They are different...

That's why it is important for fathers to protect their daughters and hold on to them as long as possible to allow them to bloom into the person God wants.  If that happens your girls will choose a man who will allow her to continue to develop her Wordless Witness for Christ and she will become a true helpmate that grows more every day in her inward beauty.  The hardest thing for me to do is to let my girls go.  People have made fun of me because I hold on so tight to my girls.  I believe it is God's commission to me as a father to do just that.   When they commit to marry and their heart is given to their husband, then that special time sensitive bond is broken and another bond is formed that goes along with the way their husband leads.  It is put upon me as a father to let that bond with their husband become their next strongest bond in their life.  Of course, the strongest bond they have is with their heavenly Father.  When that process is able to get beyond what society has been feeding us and get to God's Truth, then that marriage will be even stronger than the one the girl witnessed in her own home.  Stronger....not weaker.
A big part of this process is the great witness my wife has on our girls and the Godly character she shows in responding to God, me, and those around her.  My wife has been a wonderful model of a Wordless Witness and the light of Christ has been shining through her all the way as our girls matured. Our girls got to see the good, the bad, and the ugly, realizing that in the throes of her humanity one thing stood out.  Their mother knew her role as a woman and she lived it to the fullest.
That's really all God wants.  He wants us all to love Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.  In that love He will show us exactly how to live our everyday lives as He made us to live them  Totally dependent on Him and thirsty for His instructions.  If you want to check your moral compass in a world that has lost it's way, then look to the example and wordless witness of a Godly Woman. There you will find God.  Proverbs 31:10 says, "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."  I believe I know where three of them are; my wife and my two daughters.  I hope they always follow their heavenly Father's instructions and continue to allow God to use them to impact their world.  If they do that, then they are like Queen Esther.  A woman who was placed in a very special place for such a time as this.  God chose to make her a person who would impact generations to come through her inward beauty.  He equipped her to be the right person at the right time and never took away from who she was, a woman.  I pray my heart will always be turned toward allowing God to use my girls for His glory.  He made them, He saved them. He loves them. Everything else is just living the life.  Allow your girls to be a Queen for THIS day.  The world needs to see Godly women who are adorned with God's grace and mercy.  That is their Wordless Witness!!



The pilgrimage continues.....




David Warren

No comments: