Saturday, June 26, 2010

Recomputing....

Matthew 7:13-14"Don't look for shortcuts to God. The market is flooded with surefire, easygoing formulas for a successful life that can be practiced in your spare time. Don't fall for that stuff, even though crowds of people do. The way to life—to God!—is vigorous and requires total attention.  As God's Word says, "Stay on the straight and narrow and don't try your own way." We have this GPS and it is awesome.  You put in an address or location and it takes you right there.  I mean you get every turn, every approaching turn, and it even speaks to you.  It is the coolest thing ever.  Getting used to it was fairly easy and now if there is any question about how to get to a specific place, we use our GPS.  Of course, GPS stands for Global Positioning Satellite and that means it knows where we are and what we need to do to get where we need to go.  That's exactly how the narrow and straight path to God are He knows the way and He IS  the way.  God knows our exact position and He knows the best path for each of us.  The thing we have to do is remember to follow His roadmap, the Bible.  His Mapquest has the best instructions and He shows us step by step how to walk that straight path.  If we listen....If we turn on the instructions......If we really want to follow His way.  I mean, I can play dumb with the best of em.  Act like I didn't read or hear something.  "Oh, is that what He meant", comes out of my mouth way too many times.   Deep inside I know when I'm following His GPS or trying to find my way on my own.  The thing is......He knows what I'm doing and still reaches out to us to get us back on track.  And by the way, we all do get off track.  That's when God reaches out to us like my GPS by saying,"Recomputing."  When my GPS does that it means I have strayed off the best route and I'm on my own.  That is dangerous at best, and tragic at worst.  God's way IS narrow, but it is also straight and He wants the best for each of us, but we must follow His way to experience it.  When I try to make it on my own and take a trail that off the beaten path, He gently calls out, "Follow Me."  When I get back on track it's like He starts recomputing and getting me back in the direction that is best.  His Way.  I guess in Bible Lingo GPS could mean God's Perfect Satellite, in that His power is always on and always guiding.  It is up to each of to allow Him to lead us down the narrow path.  There will be influences that come along and will try and get you to follow them, but don't do it.  His way is the best and we need to give Him our total attention and vigorously follow Him.  Vigorous means to be powerful and active and intent on what you do.  All the diciples were vigorous in their intent and they were intuned with God and His GPS and the lives that were impacted were many.  Tune in to God's GPS and you will see some awesome things as He leads you through the straight and narrow, not the broad and boring.  In Proverbs 16:25 it says, "There's a way that look harmless enough; look again-it leads straight to hell."  That is not the straight that anyone needs to follow.  Follow His straight and lead others by showing them that path and then He can say to them, "Recomputing!"


The pilgrimage continues.....

David Warren

No comments: